Rangoli is drawn in the entrance of the house as to welcome him into the home.It is at midnight that birth of Sri Krishna took place so the actual festivities begin during midnight when the celebration reaches its peak, with lot of hymns, aarti taking place and blowing of the conch shell (shankh) and rocking the cradle of the Lord. The general pooja process begins early in the morning when the idol of lord is bathed with panch amrit (a mixture of milk, ghee, oil, honey and gangajal).
The idol is then adorned with new clothes preferably in yellow colour, coloured stones and other precious jewellery. Next, the idol of lord is offered bhog, the contents of bhog may vary. Fruits, desserts like kheer, pedha, milk, and milk products are made. There are devotees who offer chappan bhog (56 dishes) to bal gopal.
Among Radha’s innumerable transcendental attributes, She has twenty-five principal qualities:
1) She is very sweet and most charming to look at;
2) She is adolescent and always youthful;
3) Her eyes are doe-like and restless;
4) Her face is smiling and ever blissful;
5) Auspicious, beautiful lines adorn her lotus hands and feet;
6) She has a fragrant bodily aroma;
7) She is an exceptional singer and vina player;
8) Her words are charming and pleasing;
9) She is expert at telling jokes;
10) She is exceptionally humble;
11) She is the embodiment of mercy and compassion;
12) Her intelligence and wit surpasses all;
13) She is expert at performing all activities of love;
14) Shyness is the shining gem in her character;
15) She is the beacon light of modesty and honesty;
16) She is never perturbed by worldly sorrow or misery;
17) She has unbounded gravity and sublimity;
18) She is cunning;
19) She possesses the highest sentiments of love;
20) She is the reservoir of loving affairs in Gokula;
21) Her transcendental glories are shining in all the worlds;
22) She is most affectionate to her superiors;
23) She is submissive to the love of her senior girlfriends;
24) She is the chief among gopis;
25) She is always calm.
The opulence at this time is to find a breeze, as the air is heavy with the humidity of the rains. It is a most pleasing and satisfying festival, with the swings often highly decorated with forest creepers, Jasmine flowers that have newly blossomed in the season, and streamers of garlands. Sometimes a fine spray of rose water is directed towards the divine couple of Radha and Krishna on their swing. Lord Krishna has influenced the Indian thought, life and culture in myriad ways. He has influenced not only its religion and philosophy, but also into its mysticism and literature, painting and sculpture, dance and music, and all aspects of Indian folklore.
janmashtami wallpaper songs sms iskcon
Like this blog page: