Basically, Galentine's Day takes place on February 13, prior to Valentine's Day and, instead of focusing on romantic relationships, focuses on celebrating friendship. The name Galentine' is due to the term gal friends which refers to female friends. In contrast to the girlfriends, who are the brides of a relationship.
Amy Poehler of Parks & Recreation personifies Leslie Knope, who is the creator of Galentine's Day that happens every February 13, on the day before Valentine's Day. The idea is to celebrate among friends, go out to eat and leave the husbands, boyfriends, and chickens at home.
Basically, it's like Valentine's Day, but instead of celebrating the love between couples, the love of the best friends is praised. In the series where this day is born, the friends are like soul mates, and therefore deserve a day of vacations only for them and with all included. Since the episode aired in 2010, it became a mutual agreement between women and it began to be celebrated.
It is the perfect occasion for the best friends to meet in a cafeteria, a restaurant, a pub or a bar, and the idea is to celebrate all the women you consider important in your life and gather them in one place. Galentine's Day is a way to remember all those experiences that you live with your friends, make plans for the future and talk about how much you appreciate each other, as friends do not lie to each other and support each other.
This ephemeris was created by Leslie Knope, the character played by actress Amy Poehler in the comedy Parks and Recreation. This episode broadcast in the United States on February 11, 2010, was watched by 4.98 million viewers and received positive reviews.
Galentine's Day Ideas
1. Organize a home spa. A spa day is a great way to rest and if you hire a massage therapist, who comes to your house, you and your friends will feel more comfortable than in a beauty center. You can invest in masks and cucumber water for facial treatments.
2. Do a karaoke. To sing without care is a way of celebrating how close you are to each other, and that you are not afraid to make a fool of yourselves.
3. Go out and dance. With the idea of being among you and having a real dance night, and not to go out and conquer someone.
4. I find the basket. If each one carries their own drink and food, and they are accompanied by some Santa's secret gifts, you will have a night more than special.
5. Accompany yourself to an event that interests you. You can also focus on your other passions and take a class together, go to a networking event or a conference. You just have to continue with a few drinks to toast!