The Art of Happiness in Travel

world travel images wallpaper

If you are more and more often wondering about how to live a long and happy life, then, it is time to do something. Defining happiness is difficult because happiness is actually a state of mind. What leads to happiness changes also from person to person; what makes you happy can be very different from what makes happy your neighbor or your boss.

Yet, although it is hard to define, there is something of the happiness that has universal appeal. Virtually everyone tries to reach it. Although not everyone can and despite being abstract and, at times, elusive, it has been shown that there are different ways to reach it and that living happily is possible, starting from small actions to be performed every day with a well-planned life for a beautiful tomorrow.

For me traveling to exotic places around the world would be my ultimate happiness. Travel is what makes me happy, not only for the experience itself but also for the pleasure of the experience itself, when my sense of anticipation peaks. I believe to be happy, therefore, it is best to travel rather than purchasing an object.

For me, it is better to focus on experiences such as massages, exhibitions, concerts and descents on the ski slope in the Alps, compared to material goods for the pleasure that I can draw from the so-called experiential purchases that begin even before you go for check-in to the place which has higher levels of happiness.

For me, body massages in exotic Spas make me feel better about my own body and to increase levels of healthy substances which helps to buffer some of the effects of stress and immediately improve my mood and to feel good. The massage helps to keep my mind focused, calm the nerves and supports inner peace, including an increase in compassion and self-awareness.

For me meeting people from diverse cultures helps reduce my anxieties that significantly increases my psychological well-being which not only keeps me active and standing but it also adds to the social aspect that also gives me a greater sense of utility while reducing levels of stress.

To be more specific the things that can add zest to my life are:

1. Traveling across India in and out of a train. Walking between the valleys of the Himalayas, from Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh. Watching how spirituality, bright colors and extravagant decorations meet at the Meenakshi Temple at Madurai. See close up of a tiger in the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. Snorkeling in the Coral Reefs and sleeping under the stars in the Andaman Islands.

2. Take a section of the Mongolian steppe and the Gobi desert as also walking along a stretch of the Great Wall of China.

3. Eating a plate of sushi in the fish market in Tokyo while dreaming of being in a fairy tale world in the Chocolate Hills of Philippines.

4. Leaning from the Pulpit Rock in Preikestolen, Norway for the sheer thrill while admiring the aurora borealis in Scandinavia and finally navigate the world to Antarctica on an icebreaker, spotting whales and penguins.

5. Hop on one of the scenic spots from where I can admire the Grand Canyon, and then breathe in the lively and carefree atmosphere in Rio de Janeiro ending with dancing the tango in Argentina.

For me, the very thought of these experiences gives me a better mood which to me is more meaningful and rewarding with the most diverse expectations makes me feel more connected and happy. Just going to diverse places and getting some fresh air and the sun makes me feel an increased well-being, and broaden my thinking.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url