A muffin is a cake similar to a plum cake, round with the top semi-spherical without glaze coating. Some varieties, such as cornbread muffins, are salty. You can prepare the filling In general, there are muffins that are held in the palm of your hand and you consume in one gulp. The muffins are made especially for use in the United Kingdom.
The word muffin is mentioned for the first time in England in 1703 with the word Moofin. Someone wants the term derived from the French Moufflet, meaning understood as the soft bread, others want to derive the word from the German Muffen which means small cakes because it was the origin of small cakes.
The first versions of muffins were less noble. The baker's family initially cooked the muffins for the servants with the remnants of yesterday's bread and scraps of biscuit processing, mixing everything with mashed potatoes. Everything was fried by becoming the mixture obtained in muffins light and crispy. This preparation was discovered by becoming masters of the time doing this compound in a favorite dish for tea time.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Servings: 3 servings
Calories per serving: 375 calories per 100 gms
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp raisins
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Put the flour in a bowl. Combine the yeast, sugar, warm milk and knead. Then add the egg and softened butter. Work the mixture. It will be ready when it will begin to peel away easily from hands and will have assumed a homogeneous consistency. Now, form a ball, make it plain cross, cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and keep in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Blanch the pistachios. Drain them, and chop them. Just add them to already leavened dough with raisins and work the dough for a few minutes.
- Combine the banana, mix and break down the mixture with the help of a spoon into paper cups arranged in as many muffin molds. Remember that the mixture does not exceed the edge of the paper cups because the muffins will swell during cooking and could get out of the cups.
- Spread it on a greased baking tray. Cover with a cloth and make it rest for 1 hour.
- Bake at 220 º C and, after 25 minutes, brush it with the remaining butter and sugar.
- Continue cooking the cakes for another 5 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cakes inside for another 10 minutes. Then let it cool and powder with sugar. Serve with coffee or hot tea.