Skip to main content

Google Assistant arrives on Moto G3

Moto G3 wallpaper

Everyone needs a helping hand at times. For this there is the Google Assistant, conversing with you in a natural way, that can help you in managing various operations from gathering news to taking a selfie. Google Assistant initially available on Pixel, Google Home and Android Wear is also available on smartphones running Android 7 Nougat and Android 6 Marshmallow.

To get started just hold down the Home button or say OK Google. Google Assistant has been launched in English in the United States, Germany, Australia, Canada and UK. The assistant will be automatically installed on phones with Android and Android Nougat Marshmallow through Google Play Services. It is now available on some devices like the Moto G3.

The only problem is that you need to download the beta to get Google Assistant. The beta version is not officially available. You will need to look for the APK online. If you do not want to install an unofficial APK, you need to update to the Google Play Store beta.

If you decide to disable Moto G3 Google assistant, you can do it. Press and hold the home button to bring up the Google Assistant. Press the overflow button and select Settings from the menu that opens. This will take you to the Google Assistant settings. At the top is a Google Assistant switch. Press it to turn it off, and you'll be left with just Google Now on your device. Disabling Google Assistant will not remove it from your device. It will simply disable the feature.

Motorola or rather Lenovo has begun to distribute a new software update to Moto G3 2015. The new update, distributed via OTA, then takes the third generation of its device to the new software version 24.216.12.en.03, and the size is 11.1 MB, introducing the penultimate distribution of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Among the changes you may notice a marked improvement in energy management and an overall increase in performance of the device. The update is in progress at this very hour, although the rollout seems to have already started a few weeks back, and will arrive via OTA on all compatible devices. Lenovo has already said a few months ago that unfortunately Moto G 3rd Gen is not expected to update to Android 7 Nougat, so this will probably be the last software release we will see on that device.

There are no two ways about it that I just love to travel. While my work takes me to concrete jungles across India, in my leisure time, I like to picture myself sitting at the beach, chilly cocktail in hand. This is my go-to travel fantasy. Each time, I think about it I always add another extra feature, another snippet of fun.

I wondered what could then be the perfect companion for my holiday plans. Just then my phone rang, breaking up my dream. After dealing with a boring work call and answering a couple of emails, I realized a fun, funky smartphone was just what I was looking for. The one I have right now, is to put it plainly, just ok. I often miss out on a lot of things.

I don’t get acquainted with the fresh communications, as I see among my peers, I am always the only one not to know anything, and lose the important assignments with a painful distraught feeling always in my face which is embarrassing and extremely embarrassing.

I would love to own a colourful smartphone and full of fun features.  One that would combine work and play. Being an avid traveller with the smartphone I wouldn’t need to stop and ask for directions, boring the unsuspecting passerby as I can’t imagine how many times I have got lost without the Google Maps available today and for the missed opportunities, as at places I could not bear to check my email even once a day and then see them piled up until it becomes a mass of indefinite mails once I return home.

I would also be able to check-in at the most unexpected places, or at the airport with a last minute arrival, ready for take-off as I can take the Internet always along and then read comfortably all the views on politics, sports, technology or the world in general on the web and can always carry dictionaries, encyclopedias, ebooks, video tutorials, or see anything in Wikipedia at all times of the day.

So after much thinking, researching and of course dreaming, I decided my wish for the summer was a Moto X. Now all I wish for is someone to gift it to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Irish Soda Bread Recipe

On Saint Patrick's Day, the Irish festival, I want to put in the spotlight and share with you this delicious recipe of Irish Soda Bread. The soda bread is a bread that is consumed throughout Ireland and is a real landmark, spread in other countries and regions such as Scotland, Serbia and Australia.

It has the advantage of being a bread prepared very quickly because the leavening agent is baking soda or baking powder and not the yeast used by the baker. The traditional soda bread includes ingredients like the flour, baking soda, salt and buttermilk. It is also called ribot milk or fermented milk.

Soda bread is the traditional Irish bread without yeast, quick to prepare and ideal to be consumed at breakfast. The Irish Soda Bread is the Irish bread par excellence and is a type of bread in which yeast has been replaced by baking soda. The ingredients traditionally used in soda bread are flour, baking soda, salt and buttermilk or sour milk. Other ingredients can be added to the mixt…

An Italian Meal with my friend at Da Mauro

As I walked down the street, distracted by my thoughts and my memories, the smell from a nearby pizza shop invaded my senses and immediately my mind was transported to a recent visit to an expat friend's house. My friend, John lives in Central Park Resorts at the heart of Gurgaon. I'm not a huge fan of Gurgaon given the dusty roads, pollution, bad traffic and civic sense, but Central Park Resorts is another world in itself - an ample green environment with the usual facilities like amphitheatre, gym, spa, kids play area etc. But two things really caught my eye - the town-ship is automobile free and golf buggies are used to commute on surface. That sounds downright futuristic and something only the millionaires could afford, right? But there it was, right in front of my eyes in Gurgaon! Well, the future is really here I guess.

But what really got to me is the second thing - something situated inside the Central Park Resorts township. Read on:

As John and I planned to discuss t…

A Day in Jaipur

Rajasthan is a kind of space-time door where you can dream of being part of a world of boundless wealth away from the daily chaos and near to different and fascinating traditions. Indeed, in this there is much truth and still will happen, for example, to see the camels get tired walking in the sun leaving footprints on the hot sand or storytellers moving from village to village to tell the ancient local glories. If you do not want to miss this atmosphere, you should begin your tour from Jaipur, the pink city.When you think about Jaipur, you immediately think about those ancient monuments, colourful men in turban, ladies in sari with the delicate scent of jasmine, but the essence of Jaipur is the life trapped between the future and the past, between the modernity and the traditional printing of fabrics made with hand-carved matrices.Jaipur has a peculiarity that distinguishes it from all other cities, which is known, in fact, for its coloured sandstone buildings. Jaipur was founded in …