Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, BSNL, is a telecommunications company that offers broadband Internet throughout most cities in India, via landline and cell phone. BSNL, a leading provider of Internet services and India, offers broadband Internet access for private and business clients, using PPPoE network protocol. Unfortunately, their tech support is not the best in the field, many users are unaware of how easy it is to set up a BSNL broadband connection.
All you need is your user name and password BSNL provided when you sign up for their broadband service.
1. Go to "Start" menu and click on "Control Panel. You can adjust most of the settings on your computer using the Control Panel.
2. Click on the "View network status and tasks link in the "Network and Internet".
3. Click on "Set up a new connection or network link to start the creation of a broadband connection to the Internet.
4. Select "Connection" and click "Next Internet".
5. Click on the "Map" Broadband (PPPoE) to set up a broadband connection.
6. Type the user name BSNL in the "username" text BSNL and your password in the text box "Password". Select the "Remember this password" to avoid having to type the password each time you connect to the Internet.
7. Type a name in the "Connection Name" text box. You can enter anything but a suggestive name, such as "Broadband BSNL," is recommended. Put a check mark in front of the option "Allow other people to use this connection" to allow other users to use the connection.
8. Click the "Connect" button to set the connection. Windows verifies the connection and automatically connects to the Internet. If you see an error in the user name or password, re-enter your user name and password.
Find BSNL land line numbers
BSNL has a comprehensive search function integrated in its official website that allows you to locate the phone number of land line for any of its customers, if you know the person's name or address.
1. Go to the BSNL website.
2. Hover the mouse over the tab "Services Directory" at the top of the screen to bring up a new drop-down menu. Click on the "phone India" and then click on the link labeled "On the map of India."
3. Identify the geographical area of India where the person resides on the map that appears on the screen. Click on the colored segment of the map corresponding to that section.
4. Wait for a new map to load, and then click the name of the city that has the number of land line that you want to locate. Click the button for "Name" or "Address", depending on how you want to look for the phone number of the person's landline.
5. Type the name or address within the text box below the radio buttons. Click the drop-down menu and select "Exact" if you're sure you know the exact spelling of the name or address. Choose "Beginning with" from the drop-down list if you only know a name or a part of. Choose "Everywhere" if you only have a partial name or are unsure of the spelling.
6. Once you have entered your name or address to look up the number of land line, click the "Send" button. Scroll through the list of search results that seem to find the correct phone number.