Here is a recipe of the Icecream topped chocolate Gulab Jamun:
# 3 cups condensed milk
# 3 cups heavy cream
# 1 cup white chocolate
# 14 pieces chocolate chips
# 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
# 2 cups ricotta cheese, grated (khoya/mawa)
# 2 tsp dark chocolate powder
# 1 cup plain flour (maida)
# 3 cups milk
# 3 tbsp butter
# 2 tbsp cashew, almonds, pistachio, finely chopped
# 2 tbsp sugar
# 3 cups water
# 6 cardamoms, crushed
# Ghee, as required
# 1 tsp almond flakes
# 1 tsp dry coconut powder
# Pinch of baking soda
# Few saffron strands
1. Boil the milk in a bowl till it reduces to half cup. Cool and mix milk powder, flour, dark chocolate powder, cheese, sugar, butter, and baking soda. Mix properly and make it smooth. Leave it for an hour.
2. Knead the dough firmly and divide it in equal portions. Now, press the dough ball with your thumb and fill tiny chocolate chip and little bit of nuts mixture and roll them into round balls, covering the chip completely. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Heat the ghee in a large frying pan on medium heat. Deep fry the balls in ghee over a slow flame until golden brown in colour. Let the fried balls cool and keep aside.
4. In a large pan, add water, sugar, cardamoms and saffron and simmer over a slow flame. Keep stirring the syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Filter and add rose essence to it. Put the fried balls in this solution and soak for 30 minutes.
5. Keep the icecream at room temperature till it begins to defreeze. Roll balls of icecream in flour and keep it back into the freezer for 2 hours. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and deep fry the icecream balls for a few minutes and take out before they start to melt.
6. Melt white chocolate and cream together. Then strain Gulab Jamuns from sugar syrup and put into chocolate, cream sauce and fried icecream. Before serving just sprinkle the almond flakes and dry coconut powder.
If you like this post subscribe to this blog feed for more cool updates: : Subscribe